Thursday, February 9, 2012

Great News for People with Nerve Damage!!!

  U.S. researchers have developed a nonsurgical technique to repair severed nerves in minutes. This is outstanding news.
  I, myself, have had a surgery which required severing several nerves thus causing permanent numbness. I was lucky, my surgery was not in an extremity or an area that required use. I would not have any function in those areas today. This would really help a lot of people with nerve damage.
  While the procedure developed by the group will not apply to the central nervous system or spinal cord injuries, the procedure offers hope to people whose futures include accidents involving damaged nerves.
Read the full article:
http://www.gizmag.com/ut-fast-nerve-regeneration/21345/

No comments:

Post a Comment