Saturday, October 5, 2013

Finding myself

Some of you know me, you know that I was a city girl that was always adventurous and liked to try new things, what you didn't know was that I also liked to do things that weren't typically feminine. I grew up with guns, I am an expert marksman and love to shoot. Also, I use to spend my summers at horse camp, I loved horses, but as much as I loved horses I also loved archery. When I couldn't ride, I would spend all time at the archery range. I became quite good at it and started competing against other camps. It doesn't seem like much but it is something I still love today. In San Diego, guns and weapons aren't really acceptable. Since I've moved to Missouri, I've had a bad attitude. I haven't liked living here and have wanted to move back home. But now...I have accumulated quite an arsenal of guns that I enjoy shooting whenever possible. And just recently, a friend that bow hunts has reintroduced me to archery. I feel like I'm finally coming into my own. I'm really enjoying myself and I don't feel any pressure about what I should or shouldn't do as I did in San Diego. I'm still me, just a better version of me. I just turned 36 and just now feel like I finally found myself. I always knew what I liked but felt like my hobbies were unacceptable. I'm still not completely sold on Missouri but it definitely has its perks. I wish everyone could do what they love without being judged or mistreated. It's a horrible feeling and it stunts people's personal growth. I hope that I am always supportive of some one's interests. That's a goal that I can grasp.

F.Y.I. I am currently doing 4 of my bucket list items. (March 22 post) It's a slow process but I am making some headway. Woot!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment