Thursday, July 18, 2013

Monster High Doll House and Furniture

My daughter, Tori, is addicted to Monster High. She has the new line of dolls and now doesn't even look at her Barbies. I recently donated her Barbie house because it was too big for her room. We wanted something for her Monster High dolls that would also be versatile when she no longer plays with them. We purchased a small black bookcase (Walmart $18.00). I'm currently in the process of making this bookcase into a Monster High doll house. I'm making as much furniture as I can because I've seen the prices of furniture and I really don't want to spend that kind of money to furnish her house. Jeez, the price of furniture for these dolls costs more than the bookcase I bought for the house. It's ridiculous. Tori doesn't want me to alter her Barbie furniture because she wants to keep that furniture for her Barbies. I don't want to battle it out with her about it, since she doesn't play with her Barbies anymore, so I'm just going to make furniture from household items as I find them. I will post pictures of the house when I finish it. I will include tips and links for anything I found useful during the process. I hope other parents can save some money and make their own. So check back and see what I've done. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment