Monday, May 16, 2011

Yabba Dabba Doo! Seth MacFarlane to Reboot The Flinstones

I can't wait. I think it will be great. I really like Family Guy, I just don't watch it with the kids around and I would definitely pre-screen The Flinstones before I let them see it. I wonder if it will be suitable for kids. You never know. See the article below for more info.


Fox just announced the deal at its upfront this afternoon. Fox entertainment president Kevin Reilly said production on the animated series will begin production in Fall 2011 for a 2013 premiere on the Fox schedule. In a cross-studio collaboration, The Flintstones will be produced jointly by 20th Century Fox Television and Warner Bros Television.
Dan Palladino Gilmore Girls and Kara Vallow Family Guy will serve as executive producers with Seth MacFarlane who says the very first cartoon character he drew at age 2 was Fred Flintstone. “So it’s appropriate that events have come full circle, allowing me to produce the newest incarnation of this great franchise. Plus, I think America is finally ready for an animated sitcom about a fat stupid guy with a wife who’s too good for him.” Added Reilly: “The Flintstones are among the funniest and most beloved characters in television history, and we can’t wait to introduce them to a whole new generation on Fox,” said Kevin Reilly, President of Entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company. “FOX has long been home to iconic families like the Simpsons and the Griffins, so I have no doubt that the Flintstones and the Rubbles are going to fit right in on our air.” He hinted that the deal for the show closed just hours before the presentation today — just like I told you. In a video shown at the upfronts, MacFarlane shed some light on his plans for the remake: The characters will look the same but hell introduce new technology, like “What is the animal version of an iPad?”
EXCLUSIVE: Seth MacFarlane is one of the busiest creatives in show business — and he just got a lot busier. Ive just learned that hes finally realized one of his lifes ambitions: to reboot The Flintstones as a TV and film property. My scoop today follows years of very complicated negotiations between 20th Century Fox TV, where McFarlane is based, and Warner Bros Television, which owns the rights to the series after absorbing The Flintstones famed producer Hanna-Barbera. Not only did the suits have a ton of deal points to work through, but I hear the “Yabba Dabba Doo” prehistoric family sitcoms rightholders were somewhat concerned how the classic series would be interpreted given MacFarlanes brand of raunchy comedies like Family Guy. But, if you ask me, Universals dreadful Flintstones films were the real abomination … So here are all the Hollywood players who had to unentangle this mess: MacFarlanes attorney Jim Jackoway, WMEs Ari Emanuel and Greg Hodes; 20th Century Fox TVs Gary Newman, Ira Kurghan, and Howard Kurtzman; and Warner Bros Televisions Peter Roth, Brett Paul and even Bruce Rosenblum. Theres no broadcast date as of yet, but the reboot will air on Fox.
via YABBA DABBA DOO! Seth MacFarlane Finally Gets Go-Ahead To Reboot ‘The Flintstones’ – Deadline.com.

1 comment:

  1. I love Seth McFarland! Not only is he a comic genius, he's pretty cute too!

    I think your blog is off to a great start. To grow it, I suggest you try to participate in a few blog hops every day (if possible). This will give you an opportunity to meet new bloggers and get ideas for your blog as well. The blogging community is super friendly and everyone is willing to lend a hand. You're in for quite an adventure, I assure you. You might also consider joining a few blog communities like Mom Blogger or Social Moms - another great way to meet other bloggers and grow your followship too!

    I'm here to help in any way that I can :-)

    Congrats on your new blog!

    ReplyDelete