- Devise a Plan for reconnecting family that is not together (kids may be in school, I may be at the grocery store, my husband may be at work, etc.)
- Gather Emergency Supplies and put supplies in basement. (bottled water, medicine, first aid kit, important papers, extra food, clothing, etc.)
- Make sure I have plenty of flashlights, batteries, candles, matches and lighters.
- Pack a bag for the kids with their toys, blankets, etc. These things will make them more comfortable. Anyone with kids knows this is important.
- I just bought some blow-up beds (Wal-mart/camping section) to put in the basement so if we are trapped, we have something other than the concrete to sleep on.
I know there is probably more, I just can't think of any at the moment. If you have any ideas, please let me know. I will hope for the best but prepare for the worst.