Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Give some, get some!

Every year I donate to St. Jude Children's Hospital. The police department calls, every year, asking for donations, I always tell them that I donate to St. Jude. Sometimes I can afford to make a donation to the police department, sometimes I can't. I try to donate to the organizations I think are the most important. I end up telling the police department representative that I really don't think anything is more important than donating to St. Jude. I ask them to tell me what is more important than saving a child. Not one of them has been able to argue with that. So as I have done in previous years, I will do again this year. I mentioned in an older post that I like to buy ornaments from the St. Jude gift shop. I love getting their ornaments and then giving them as gifts. To me, it's a win-win situation. The proceeds go to St. Jude and my gift recipients get beautiful and meaningful ornaments. Plus, maybe seeing the ornament on their tree every year will remind them to donate as well. I'm sneaky, sneaky! There are other gifts on their site as well but I especially like the ornaments. The ones made by the children are so precious.  If you would like to shop and help a child, please go http://giftshop.stjude.org/stjude/

 Here are a few ornaments from the shop. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment